CPI Global Managing Director Barbara Buchner will speak at the “Energy Transitions: Towards a Clean and Equitable Future” panel at the T20 Summit in India.
Addressing climate change will require a robust transition to clean energy that is not only ambitious but also equitable and inclusive. A just transition will necessitate an energy transformation in developing economies that can ensure improved access to affordable energy as a prerequisite for poverty alleviation and living standards. Achieving this goal will require reimagining global cooperation to catalyze increased technological and financial support for the Global South. The panel will present the central ideas emanating from Think20’s Task Force 4 deliberations, focusing on refueling growth and energy transitions.
- Ulka Kelkar, Head, Climate Program, World Resources Institute, India
- Albert Park, Chief Economist, Asian Development Bank
- Barbara Buchner, Global Managing Director, Climate Policy Initiative, USA
- John J. Kirton, Director, G20 Research Group, University of Toronto, Canada
- Suranjali Tandon, Associate Professor, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, India