Accelerating green finance
$65 trillion of green investment will be required by 2035 to maintain a sub two-degree scenario, according to the International Energy Agency. Clearly, such investment is beyond the scope of government spending or public subsidy. But rising demand for low-carbon, climate-aligned assets is fueling a wave of industry innovation, and private sector leadership is now driving efforts to scale-up green finance. This panel will showcase the latest in green financial innovation, and explore next steps for the industry.
- Suzanne Buchta – MD, Green Bonds, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Dr Angela Falconer – Associate Director, Climate Policy Initiative
- Laure Legaud – Structure and Quantitative, Credit Portfolio Management, Crédit Agricole CIB
- Cindy Rose – Head of SRI Research, Aberdeen Asset Management
Keynote and Moderator:
- Sean Kidney – CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative