CPI Director Dr. Angela Falconer will moderate a panel discussion on institutional investors’ perspective on financing clean energy transitions and sustainable recovery plans during a pre event for the Clean Energy Ministerial Investment and Finance initiative (CEM-IF)’s 11th Clean Energy Ministerial Meeting.
This event will invite both governments and the investment community to discuss (1) how the current crisis is shaping capital allocation in clean energy by the investor community for the next decade, (2) what risk, return and scale issues investors see in allocating finance that aligns with long-term climate and sustainability goals and (3) what financial solutions and government policies would help spur an acceleration of clean energy investment in renewables, efficiency and enabling infrastructure.
Other speakers will include:
- Ms. Mechthild Wörsdörfer, Director for Sustainability, Technology and
- Outlooks, IEA
- Dr. Anders Hoffmann, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Climate, Energy and Utilities of Denmark
- Mr. Thomas Bareiß, Parliamentary State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy of Germany
- Ms. Catherine Bremner, Director of International Climate and Energy, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy of the United Kingdom
- Mr. Sanjay Malhotra, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Power of IndiaMr. Jon Johnsen, CEO at PKA
- Mr. Michael Hannibal, Partner at Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
- Mr. Martin Berg, Partner at Pollination