The World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) is the annual flagship multistakeholder convening organized by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI). Instituted in 2001, the Summit series has a legacy of over two decades for making ‘sustainable development’ a globally shared goal. The only independently convened international Summit on sustainable development and environment, based in the Global South, WSDS strives to provide long-term solutions for the benefit of global communities by assembling the world’s most enlightened leaders and thinkers on a single platform.
At this year’s Summit, CPI’s India Director Dhruba Purkayastha will participate in the WSDS opening leadership panel on Financing Sustainable Development and Climate Action. Speakers for this opening session include:
- H.E. Mr. Andreas Bjelland Eriksen, Minister, Ministry of Climate and Environment, Norway**
- H.E. Ms. Teresa Ribera Rodríguez, Minister, Ministry for the Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge, Spain
- Mr. Martin Raiser, Vice President for South Asia Region, The World Bank
- Dr. Amar Bhattacharya, Senior Fellow, Brookings Initiative on Climate Research and Action
- Ms. Priya Shankar, India Director, Climate and Environment Program, Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Ms. Pamela Jouven, Director, SME Climate Hub, We Mean Business Coalition
- Dr. Dhruba Purkayastha, India Director, Climate Policy Initiative
The 2024 WSDS covers three days of programming focused on this year’s umbrella theme: Leadership for Sustainable Development and Climate Justice. The Summit will bring together leading representatives from international organizations, government, business & industries, research & academia, civil society, and youth to deliberate on championing initiatives on sustainable development and climate justice. The Summit deliberations will examine topics such as integrating sustainable development, nature-based solutions, adaptation and resilience, sustainable consumption and lifestyles, addressing the energy trilemma, and climate action.
Learn more and register at https://wsds.teriin.org/2024/