EESI Briefing Series: What Congress Needs to Know About COP28
Organized by Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI), and featuring CPI US Director Bella Tonkonogy, this briefing will cover the U.S. Congress’s role in the global effort to finance climate solutions.
While the necessary investments in climate action are significant, the impacts of climate change at home and abroad are even more costly. With demand for climate-related finance increasing around the globe, what levers are available to Congress to scale up financial flows? How does Congress’s approach to international climate finance impact actions by the private sector, multilateral development banks, and other global financial institutions? This briefing will bring together a panel to explore these questions and discuss possible policy solutions.
- Rep. Adriano Espaillat, U.S. Representative (D-N.Y.)
- Bella Tonkonogy, US Director, Climate Policy Initiative
- Elizabeth Lien, Senior Director, Federal Climate Policy and Subnational Programs, World Wildlife Fund
- Joe Thwaites, Senior Advocate, International Climate Finance, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Stacy Swann, Founding Partner, Former CEO, Climate Finance Advisors, BLLC
- Valerie Laxton, Senior Associate, Development Finance Institutions, Finance Center, World Resources Institute