Indo-Pacific Business Summit 2021 organized by CII in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, comes in the wake of the Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative (IPOI) that was announced by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India. With trade and maritime connectivity forming one of the key pillars of this initiative, this Summit will help provide industry viewpoint on the IPOI.
The Summit will have focused sessions on how India and the countries in Indo Pacific Region can enhance economic partnership and collaborate for future economic development from 6 to 8 July.
Developing Clean Technologies & Green Finance Solutions for the Indo-Pacific
7 July 2021 17:45-19:00 IST
As climate change is posing increasing risks for both human and natural systems, a shift toward low-carbon and green economic development is needed to meet future challenges. Capacity building in the clean energy sector thus merits greater recognition as an area of cooperation between the various countries in the Indo-Pacific region. Green finance offers a great opportunity to help build this nascent sector. Dhruba Purkayastha, India Director at Climate Policy Initiative and Director at US India Clean Energy Finance will discuss ways and means to promote green finance as well as explore newer avenues of cooperation in the Clean Energy sector.
Speakers and Panelists:
- Dhruba Purkayastha, India Director, Climate Policy Initiative and Director, US India Clean Energy Finance
- Shankar A Pande, Director, Bankers Institute of Rural Development
- Pankaj Sindwani, Chief Business Officer, Tata Cleantech
- Dipesh Shah, Head Development and International Relations, International Financial Services Authority, (IFSCA), GIFT City
- Srinivas Jain, Executive Director & Chief of Strategy, SBI Funds Management Private Ltd.
- Anirban Ghosh, Chief Sustainability Officer, Mahindra Group
- Graham Pugh, Principal and Co-founder, Propel Clean Energy Partners