CPI Associate Director Jessica Brown will be participating in the following panel discussion at the FT Climate Finance Summit, “Climate Finance for Climate Change: Discovering Opportunity.”
Energy and Climate Finance Opportunities Within
February 6, 2018, 11:30am ET
10 On The Park, New York City
The panel, moderated by Ed Crooks, U.S. Industry and Energy Editor at the Financial Times, will explore the following topics:
- What is happening in the gas market – how are companies responding and linking to climate finance?
- Is the transition from shale oil and gas to renewable an opportunity to seize?
- The growth of sub-national carbon pricing
Other panelists will include:
- Tim Power, Partner, White & Case
- Eduard Van Gelderen, Senior Managing Director, Office of the Chief Investment Officer of the Regents, University of California
- Deborah Ng, Director, Strategy & Risk and Head Responsible Investing, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
This conference, which will include a keynote address from former U.S. Vice President Al Gore, will bring together leading figures in the climate finance industry to address key themes affecting the U.S. market, such as the growing impact of state policies. In addition, pension funds, foundations and family offices, all of which have a key strategy towards impact and green investments, will share their experiences and challenges, and where they see future opportunity for generating returns whilst addressing one of the greatest challenges of humanity.
For more information can be found here.