Adaptation & Resilience In Action – How are Countries and Communities Preparing for Increased Occurrences of Extreme Weather?
It is clear from the science that record floods and droughts are set to increase in occurrence and become further intensified by climate change by 2023. With more capital unlocked for adaptation projects, where is it being allocated for best and most effective use?
This panel session during FT Capital Live will include the following speakers:
- Ève Bazaiba, Environment Minister, Democratic Republic of Congo
- David Carlin, Head of Climate Risk and TCFD, UNEP-FI
- Kathy Baughman McLeod, SVP and Director, Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center (Arsht-Rock)
- Dharshan Wignarajah, Director, Climate Policy Initiative
- Moderator: Aime Williams, Climate Reporter In Washington, Financial Times