The dena Congress is one of the most important, cross-industry events for the integrated energy transition and climate protection and is taking place this year under the motto “Everything on target”.
SESSION: Let’s (not just) talk about money: From financial pledges to implementation
Monday, November 14, 2022 at 13:30 – 15:00 CEST
The effects of climate change are already being clearly observed on all continents. Countries in the global South in particular are often the hardest hit, while at the same time they have contributed the least and have the fewest financial resources to counter climate change and implement the energy transition locally. It is clear that money is one key to solve this – but quantity alone will not be enough: What kind of governance is needed to effectively implement financial resources for the energy transition on the ground? How can public and private financial commitments be linked to achieve the greatest possible leverage effect of the money used?
CPI’s Baysa Naran will be speaking at the event on Nov 14 at 13:30 – 15:00 CEST.
- Dr Philipp Behrens , Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Protection (BMWK)
- Torsten Fritsche , German Society for International Cooperation GmbH (GIZ)
- Peter Hilliges , KfW Development Bank
- Robert Schoellhammer , Asian Development Bank
- Christian Pho Duc , Smartenergy Group AG
- Hanne May , German Energy Agency GmbH (dena) – moderator