San Francisco—Launched today, a new beta website offers an overview of California climate policies, including carbon price tracking and news aggregation. The California Carbon Dashboard, a project of Climate Policy Initiative, is available at http://www.CalCarbonDash.org.
California’s Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 (AB32) launched one of its key policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions this year – the cap and trade program. Unlike many such programs around the world, California’s cap and trade program serves as a critical backstop to a series of complementary policies that cover major emitting sectors in the state, with the goal of returning California emissions to 1990 levels by 2020.
The California Carbon Dashboard offers in one place, objective, user-friendly information on these policies, with a particular focus on the cap and trade program. It includes:
- Current and historic California carbon prices
- Relevant updates from the California Air Resources Board, news, and tweets
- Overview of the role of cap and trade and complementary policies in meeting California’s emissions reduction goals across sectors
- Emissions caps and emissions history by sector
- Overview and details about California’s cap and trade program
Sample social media posts:
- What’s California’s current #carbon price? New beta site gives the latest on all things #AB32 – www.CalCarbonDash.org by @climatepolicy
- Quick info on California cap and trade, #AB32 and latest #carbon price – new beta site www.CalCarbonDash.org by @climatepolicy
- Finally: California cap and trade, #AB32 and #carbon price tracking in one place. New beta site www.CalCarbonDash.org by @climatepolicy
Climate Policy Initiative is a team of analysts and advisors that works to improve the most important energy and land use policies around the world, with a particular focus on finance. An independent organization supported in part by a grant from the Open Society Foundations, CPI has offices and programs in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States.
Contact: Ruby Barcklay, +1 510 612 5180, email@example.com