Location: San Francisco, CA
CPI offers an inspiring environment that rewards independent thinking, collaboration, and pragmatic problem solving. The Manager, Research will lead the design and execution of complex research processes, methodologies, and data architectures, mentor junior staff on research methods, and contribute to and oversee quality of CPI’s research platform and products.
The role will help ensure CPI delivers high quality outputs on time and within budget, supervising robust and careful analysis and applying, developing and refining methodologies drawing from micro- and macroeconomics, public policy, finance, data science, and/or other academic and commercial disciplines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following and others as assigned:
- Design and lead the execution of rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of the effectiveness and potential of national and international climate finance mechanisms and related climate policies to increase public and private investment in climate action
- Supervise the production of high-quality CPI research products
- Manage, maintain, and continually evolve CPI’s research platform and processes, including research methods, technology stack, data architecture, knowledge base, and governance
- Manage and mentor staff on research methods and processes
- Represent CPI and actively participate in climate finance initiatives and consortiums
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing & dissemination of learnings across the organization and broader climate finance community
- Communicate and collaborate with CPI staff working around the globe
Experience and Competencies
- A commitment to CPI’s mission and values
- Graduate, research-focused degree in finance, economics, or policy, or a related, quantitatively-rigorous field
- Progressive professional experience designing and executing research in academia, financial services, consulting, nonprofits/think tanks, government, and/or a multi-lateral institution
- Independent, analytical mind with an excellent track record of applying sound judgment to complex issues
- Demonstrated teaching or mentoring experience and passion for mentoring others in research
- Interest in climate finance and the financial sector actors and actions that are crucial to driving a net zero, climate-resilient economy
- Excellent project management skills including time management, task delegation and prioritization, and communication skills
- Flexibility, professionalism, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and an ability to interact with a diverse array of people
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including fluency in English.
- Doctorate in an above-mentioned field or cross-disciplinary
- Research background in climate finance
CPI is recruiting for one full time position in our San Francisco office. CPI has adopted a flexible working policy whereby staff are able to mix working remotely with regular days in the San Francisco office.
CPI offers an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package.
Click here to submit an application. With your application, attach two documents in English: (1) An up to date CV and (2) a cover letter outlining why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the above criteria.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis so we encourage applicants to submit at the earliest opportunity. The position will remain open until we find the right candidate. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
Climate Policy Initiative is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we are working to embed DEI across every facet of our organization. We seek to establish a working environment where all board members, staff, volunteers, and contractors feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are openly valued as critical to the success of our organization and the achievement of our mission and vision. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.