CPI is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has five offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
CPI is known as a leader in tracking sustainable investment trends, identifying innovative business models, and supporting the solutions that can drive the transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient, inclusive economy. We are unique in our focus on finance, our ability to get the right people to the table, and our analytical rigor.
As part of CPI’s Senior Leadership Team and reporting directly to the Global Managing Director, the Global People Manager will be responsible for planning and executing HR projects for CPI’s global workforce, as well as ensuring that all day-to-day HR tasks are completed.
You will be a strategic thought-partner who will support CPI’s mission to be an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. You will lead initiatives across the full HR and OD remit, including but not limited to recruitment, employee engagement, performance management, reward, learning and development, and compliance.
Roles and responsibilities HR operations
- Create and update HR policies and procedures, making sure they comply with local employment laws and consistently applied
- Support and mentor Operations colleagues to complete onboarding and offboarding, keep the HRIS up to date, and in seeking advice on visa and immigration matters
- Produce a range of HR reports for the Board, Senior Leadership Team, managers and employees.
- Coordinate and advise on all CPI insurance policy matters
- Review funding grants and vendor contracts to ensure HR and insurance compliance.
- Guide and coach local managers in conducting job analyses, preparing position descriptions, using the most appropriate hiring methods, making an appropriate offer, and designing inductions
- Support and mentor Operations colleagues to post job adverts and manage recruitment administration
- Interview candidates and role model best practices.
- Work with the Global Managing Director and CFO in researching, designing and implementing total reward packages across all country offices,
- Review position descriptions with Directors and assign the appropriate salary grade level
- Support and mentor Operations colleagues to manage payroll and benefits administration.
- Support the development, implementation, and evaluation of learning and development initiatives
- Design and deliver management training
- Work with Directors on the design, implementation, and rollout of succession planning, employee development, and mentoring programs
- Design, implement and respond to employee engagement surveys
- Coach managers on their people-related responsibilities, and employees on a range of soft skills
- Conduct exit interviews
- Support CPI’s values to be translated into practice, as well as a feedback and learning culture.
- Coordinate the global performance management process, providing support and guidance to employees and local managers
- Ensure that any rare employee relations cases are investigated and responded to appropriately, including probation, grievance, disciplinary, capability, and absence management.
Competencies & qualifications
- You have an HR qualification or significant experience of responsibility for the full human resources and organizational development remit
- You have a strong background in HR, preferably in an international role, and are able to think at a high level, whilst still comfortable working with detail
- You are proficient in HR systems including applicant tracking systems, and tools for performance management and employee engagement.
- You have experience in implementing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion focused strategies or projects
- Previous experience in not-for-profit environment is desirable.
Skills & attributes
- You have exceptional verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- You have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- You have the ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have strong leadership skills including negotiation and influencing
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate
- You are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
CPI is recruiting for one full-time position in our London office.
CPI has adopted a flexible working policy whereby staff are able to mix working remotely with regular days in the London office (particularly helpful for interacting with the wider CPI team, specific team meetings and collaboration).
CPI offers an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package, including a salary starting at £60,000 per annum depending upon experience.
Click here to submit an application. With your application, attach two documents in English: (1) An up to date CV and (2) a cover letter outlining why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the above criteria.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis so we encourage applicants to submit at the earliest opportunity. The position will remain open until we find the right candidate. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
Climate Policy Initiative is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we are working to embed DEI across every facet of our organisation. We seek to establish a working environment where all board members, staff, volunteers, and contractors feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are openly valued as critical to the success of our organization and the achievement of our mission and vision.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.