We are looking for a Director of Operations to lead CPI into a global, high growth stage. Our work is increasingly complex, with more sophisticated programs, an increasing number and diversity of funders, and a growing geographic focus. We seek an internal leader who can guide the evolution of CPI’s systems and processes so that CPI can deliver strategic impact with increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
The Director of Operations will:
- Provide key Organizational Leadership at CPI
- Lead our Operations, HR and IT functions
- Build a strong Global Talent Strategy
- Over see CPI’s Operations Strategy and Implementation
We are looking for:
- A strong collaborator, with high levels of empathy, cultural sensitivity, and respect for diversity.
- Experience leading teams and projects in an international organization across multiple technical operational domains including: day-to-day administration, people operations, IT management, knowledge management, and process improvement. Operates fluently at both strategic and tactical levels, with confidentiality, judgement, and integrity.
- Ability to formulate and execute plans, utilizing analytical, critical decision making, and strategic planning skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate at every level of an organization and to communicate the organization to key partners and constituents.
- Experience navigating and facilitating organizational transition, growth, and challenges. Adept at leading inclusive organizational design processes in mission-driven settings.
- An inspiring, accessible, visible, and flexible leadership style that fosters trust, respect, and confidence while driving measurable results.
- Experience with international non-profits or in management consultancy or financial advisory is preferred.
Essential Skills & attributes for this role include:
- Natural and collaborative leadership: The Director of Operations inspires people to want to join in making CPI a more effective and impactful organization.
- Wired for both strategic and tactical leadership: The Director of Operations will confidently operate at the highest levels to take the organization to its next stages of scale, while also rolling up their sleeves to take a hands-on approach to ensuring the organization and its projects are moving forward.
- Highest degree of integrity and stewardship: The Director of Operations will hold both short- and long-term organizational interests at the forefront of their decision making and be a clear messenger on behalf of CPI Leadership on all matters of organizational direction.
- People-centered and inclusive: The Director of Operations will lead with cultural humility and empathy, while also bringing a sense of humor and joy to the work.
- Innately curious and committed to excellence: The Director of Operations will continually foster a culture of learning and improvement throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to the mission of CPI: The Director of Operations will understand the ecosystem in which CPI operates and wield their motivational energy toward accomplishing CPI’s purpose within that ecosystem.
CPI is recruiting for one full time position and offers an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package, including a salary range of $120,000 to $155,000 per annum depending upon experience.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area preferred, but also happy to consider candidates in Washington DC where we have a second office. CPI has adopted a flexible working policy whereby staff are able to mix working remotely with regular days in the office.
Reports to: Global Managing Director
CPI is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
CPI is a leader in tracking sustainable investment and policy trends, identifying innovative business models, and supporting the solutions that can drive the transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient, inclusive economy. We are unique in our focus on finance and policy, our ability to get the right people to the table, and our analytical rigor.
Click here to read the full job description and submit an application. With your application, attach two documents in English: (1) An up-to-date CV and (2) a cover letter outlining why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the above criteria.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis so we encourage applicants to submit at the earliest opportunity. The position will remain open until we find the right candidate. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
Climate Policy Initiative is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we are working to embed DEI across every facet of our organization. We seek to establish a working environment where all board members, staff, volunteers, and contractors feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are openly valued as critical to the success of our organization and the achievement of our mission and vision.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.