Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Our work in Brazil combines rigorous economic, institutional and legal analysis to identify areas for improving public policies and provides concrete recommendations on how to reconcile economic development with environmental conservation. CPI supports public policies in Brazil through rigorous analysis and evidence-based research, strategic partnerships with members of the government and civil society through a constructive approach, and direct collaboration with policymakers.
The Brazil office works in partnership with PUC-Rio to increase the protection of natural resources and food production in Brazil. More information about the Climate Policy Initiative in Brazil can be found at climatepolicyinitiative.org/brazil.
We are seeking a talented and driven digital communications associate who will be responsible for Brazil’s digital outputs. The successful candidate will keep our social media followers engaged and inspired, growing our digital following. They will also be responsible for creating high-quality, effective, and engaging email campaigns that target CPI Brazil’s audiences, as well ensure our website content is optimized.
Strong candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills, digital marketing expertise, comfort working in an environment that requires independent thinking as well as collaboration and enthusiasm and a commitment to CPI’s mission and values.
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Associate, the Digital Communications Associate will be responsible for assisting to translate economic and legal language into clear, concise, and accessible insights for the digital space. They will work together with the Senior Program Associate as well as communications and research colleagues to increase the Brazil Program’s impact across agendas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain CPI Brazil’s social media accounts, develop and execute plans to grow our wider social media presence and following.
- Development of social media content and campaigns for enhancing CPI’s policy impact. Manage social media management software, interacting with users on a daily basis.
- Monitor and evaluate CPI’s digital communications reach. Measure the success of social media campaigns and posts through reports and dashboards to monitor social media traffic using analytics tools.
- Ensure website content is shareable, search-friendly, and allows for a great user experience.
- Manage CPI’s email newsletter distribution, including optimizing campaigns and managing audience groups.
- Assist with the development of other digital communication materials as needed.
- Progressive experience or demonstrable equivalent skills in digital communications, marketing, social media, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, policy, international development, or related.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Experience with content development for different social media platforms.
- Experience developing digital campaigns.
- Experience with digital marketing, using analytics tools to measure and track digital engagement.
- Knowledge of best practices in digital communications – technical skills in WordPress, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Hootsuite and social media platforms as well as exposure to search engine optimization.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, project management, and prioritization skills, and an ability to work independently under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate a cross-cultural, global working environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in Portuguese required. Fluency in English desired.
- Experience with communications for advocacy or research organizations will be considered an asset.
TITLE AND COMPENSATION
CPI is hiring for one full-time position, open immediately. The position is located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. CPI in Brazil hires through the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio) and offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please submit your application by March 31st, 2023.
With your application, attach: (1) CV/resume in Portuguese, (2) a cover letter in Portuguese outlining why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the position requirements.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the selection process.
We strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other legally protected basis.
Climate Policy Initiative is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and we are working to embed DEI across every facet of our organization. We seek to establish a working environment where all board members, staff, volunteers, and contractors feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are openly valued as critical to the success of our organization and the achievement of our mission and vision.