ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
CPI is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Kenya, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
We are seeking a talented and driven communications associate. As the communications associate, you will play a key role on CPI’s communications team including to support communications for the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance, as well as supporting other projects across CPI.
You will possess the ability to translate economics and financial language into clear, concise, and accessible insights. You will have belief in communications as a critical component to influence decision makers at the highest levels, strong, demonstrated interest in sustainable business, investment, finance, and economics, and dedication to CPI’s mission and impact.
You will report to a Senior Communications Associate based in London and will collaborate with communications, analysts, leadership, and operations colleagues around the world. You will also work with external stakeholders including the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance members, and media.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Develop and carry out integrated external communications strategies
- Manage the communications calendar and timelines for the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance, including to communicate deadlines and expectations clearly with analysts, leadership, communications team members, and external stakeholders
- Create, edit, and oversee production of branded materials including research products, presentations, graphics, fact sheets, videos, blog posts/op-eds, press materials, social media, and marketing materials targeted at multiple global audiences, including private investors, policymakers, and media
- Secure and coordinate event and speaking opportunities including to develop talking points for senior leadership speaking roles at high-level events, and support the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance’s members and stakeholders enhancing visibility
- Place stories in top-tier business, financial, and energy sector media
- Manage social media and web presence for the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance
- Train and mentor analysts and leadership on effective communications, including in writing and presentation skills
- Train and mentor communications staff on core communications competencies; Dependent on experience level, supervise communications staff
- Maintain professional interactions with external stakeholders
- Assist with other communications activities as needed, including event planning and support for membership events in international locations
- Progressive multi-years’ experience or demonstrable equivalent skills in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, policy, economics, international development, or related field; master’s degree desired
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate a cross-cultural, global working environment
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, with the ability to restructure as well as copyedit. Ability to turn economics and finance knowledge into accessible insights for investors, policymakers, and other stakeholders.
- Experience writing in a variety of formats – web, print publications, briefing papers, press releases, etc.
- Experience with media outreach and public relations. Experience with financial media desirable
- Experience in event management and managing stakeholder relationships
- Experience with the investor, sustainable business, and/or policy community desirable
- Outstanding organizational, project management, and prioritization skills, and ability to manage teams across locations
- Ability to work independently, flexibly, and with a solutions-oriented approach, under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and CMS/Wordpress desirable
- Graphic design/data visualization skills desirable
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in Bahasa Indonesian, Mandarin Chinese, and/or German desirable
CPI is hiring for one position, open immediately. We are seeking someone based in London but are open to other CPI office locations as well as outstanding candidates based remotely. Candidates must have the right to live and work in the country they propose to work in – CPI is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
The CPI team is currently working remote due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the successful candidate will be supported by our HR and Operations team to get set up logistically during this period.
The position may require international travel when we are doing that again. Title and competitive compensation will be based on experience and location.
Click here to submit an application which must include the following:
- An up-to-date CV/resume
- A cover letter outlining why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the position requirements. At the end of your cover letter, or provided as an external link, you should also include 1-2 original, unedited writing samples.
The deadline for applications is midnight GMT 26th February 2021. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and we therefore encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.