CPI is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Kenya, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
CPI is known as a leader in tracking sustainable investment trends, identifying innovative business models, and supporting the solutions that can drive a transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient economy. We are unique in our focus on finance, our ability to get the right people to the table, and our analytical rigor.
CPI is currently developing the Net Zero Finance Tracker, a collaborative data, knowledge and advisory platform operational at the global and national levels for selected countries that will:
- Assess the adequacy of the public and private finance response to climate change and the degree of alignment of financial stocks and flows, vis-à-vis Paris Agreement goals
- Bring together high-quality, relevant financial data and information from numerous providers
- Identify gaps and opportunities to scale up necessary investments
- Actively inform effective prioritization and targeting of policy and public/private investment by policy makers, regulators, corporations, and financial institutions
This position will support this initiative as well as other established project finance tracking work of CPI.
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Data Analyst to support implementation of our long-term database management system plans. You will have a passion for employing data to fight climate change with a knack for data analysis, coding and statistics.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the research team in the efficient collection and analysis of varied and cross-disciplinary data to incorporate into useable and reportable formats. This will include but is not limited to investment data and transaction and impact attributes.
- Support the development and management of database and data handling systems
- Support the creation of protocols for data processing and query definitions for data extraction
- Input into reports and presentations to disseminate analytical outputs
- Work with CPI’s communications and research teams to develop data visualizations and web interfaces
- A commitment to CPI’s mission and values
- Degree in computer science, quantitative finance or economics, physics, engineering, math, statistics or data science
- Expertise in data manipulation, relational database management, programming
- Expert user of SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Experience in acquiring, cleaning and analyzing data to produce high quality analysis for reports, platforms and tools
- Experience in data scraping techniques
- Ability to present complex data concepts to non-expert colleagues
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- An excellent team player who is flexible, proactive and able to multi-task
- Highly organised with the ability to manage workload, plan outputs
- Detail-oriented and able to take ownership of tasks with personal drive and to work with minimal supervision
- Masters qualification in the abovementioned fields
- Experience in data scraping techniques
- Knowledge of R & Python
- Experience with data visualization interfaces/tools such as Tableau
- Experience with key energy and financial databases e.g. Bloomberg, Refinitiv Eikon, Capital IQ, Rystad etc.
- Previous background and experience in finance and/or energy sectors
What we offer
CPI is hiring for one position open immediately in our London office. The CPI team is working remote due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the successful candidate will be supported by our HR and Operations team logistically during this period.
CPI offers a total rewards package including a competitive base salary and excellent benefits.
Visit our website to submit an application including your CV and a cover letter outlining why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the position requirements.
The deadline for submitting your application is midnight Wednesday 21st April BST. Due to the high level of applicants we receive to our postings, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.