- Salary Range: $120,000 – $130,000 per annum depending on experience
- Location: Ideally San Francisco or Washington DC
- Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
- Hybrid: 1-2 days per week office attendance
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
CPI is currently looking for an exceptional Accounting Manager to support our global offices implementing our programs across the globe. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Accounting Manager will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. You will be part of a finance team ensuring compliance with GAAP and the integrity of financial information, systems, and reporting by managing and overseeing all related accounting operations and functions. The Accounting Manager works independently and with the operations and finance departments performing financial analyses and enquiries and coordinating and supporting grant-specific and annual ordinary audits. You will have the opportunity to work for an innovative global organization with a highly motivated team.
- Lead all day-to-day accounting operations and functions of CPI and its subsidiaries and affiliates, with a special focus on US, UK and India accounting.
- Supervise the full cycle of AP from offices ensuring for accuracy, documentation is complete, and policies are being adhered to
- Oversee GL activities including payroll journals, prepaids, accruals, foreign currency revaluations, fixed assets, and cash management entries.
- Be responsible for the integrity of the general ledger within a multi-entity accounting environment, including balance sheet and general account reconciliations, and adjusting entries with proper support documentation in accordance with donor rules, including OMB requirements.
- Manage the month-end close, review transactions to ensure tasks are performed timely and accurately.
- Monitor cash flow and report on cash status; review AR invoices, revenue recognition and monitor performance against payment schedules.
- Manage CPI’s new expense and vendor payment integration system, investigating issues, and ensuring processes are well-understood and being adhered to by global staff.
- Keep abreast of new accounting standards and pronouncements and implement as required; oversee tax compliance in subsidiary and branch offices.
- Working with the CFO and finance staff, develop new or amended accounting policies, documentation, processes, procedures, and tools to drive efficiency and effectiveness of financial operations.
- Coordinate all audit activity working closely with CFO, Senior Accountant and Grants Finance Manager.
- Supervise two accounting staff, leveraging the strengths of the current accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Investigate and resolve account discrepancies and any issues of non-compliance.
- Troubleshoot Sage Intacct system issues and aid CFO, program, and operations staff with Sage Intacct report build-outs and functionality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in accounting or finance preferred
- A minimum of three to five years in an accounting manager role with supervisory experience, preferably within a multi-entity accounting environment.
- A demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting, financial reporting and restricted grant funding as they relate to non-profit/international NGOs; experience with US federal and European Government Agency funding a plus
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple and sometime competing tasks
- Self-motivated, dependable, and self sufficient
- Hands-on expertise with business software systems. Sage Intacct accounting software experience highly desired
- Outstanding PC skills with Excel (intermediate/advanced), Word, Outlook
- Experience coordinating financial audits with grant-specific and knowledge of US federal funding and A-133 requirements a plus
- Ability to work with all levels of staff across a multi-cultural, multi-geographic, multi-discipline organization
- A growth mindset and a passion for helping people continuously improve
- Experience with data management: sorting, managing, matching, arranging, maintaining, and updating complex data
- Great oral and written communication skills, solution oriented, and be able to keep up a fast pace while adapting to frequent change
This search is managed by Mary Law of Mary Law Executive Search. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 925-785-6991 direct to find out more.